Fun things to do in San Jose
If you are thinking about visiting San Jose, California and need fun things to do, there are many options available. First and foremost make sure to have plenty of money in your pocket. If you need money in San Jose check out the link for help.
So, you will need to know that San Jose is a very large city in California, but many times it is overlooked by cities like San Francisco, San Diego, and Los Angles. However, there are plenty of things to do in San Jose, California. Some of them are:
- You can check out the Municipal Rose Garden. It is a 5 and a half acre garden that has many fragrances and scents and is a wonderful place to relax. It’s located at Dana Ave, San Jose, CA 95112 and you can reach them at (408) 794-7274. It has many high ratings in Google and has 3,500 shrubs representing 189 rose varieties.
- Next on our list is the San Jose Museum of Art. Located at 110 S Market St, San Jose, CA 95110 and the phone number to get more information is (408) 271-6840. The Museum in downtown San Jose, has a permanent collection of artists from the 20th and 21st century. It is located next to the circle of Palms Plaza and Plaza de Cesar Chavez Park.
- The museum has over 2,000 works which include a vast array of different types of art. These include drawings, paintings, photographs, and sculptures, among other types of art. Interestingly enough, the museum was first built as a post office of all things.
- The Willow Glen community neighborhood. The most interesting thing about the Willow Glen community in San Jose is the diverse style of architecture that you can find. You will find styles a wide variety of different types of architecture including Craftsman, Mission, Neoclassical, and Victorian. There are more than 250 businesses in Willow Glen community so with all the shopping and architecture you can look at you will have plenty to do.
- Of course no trip to San Jose would be complete without visiting the San Jose Children’s Museum. It is located on Woz Way, named after one of the co-founders of Apple, Steve Wozniak. Located at 180 Woz Way, San Jose, CA 95110 and the phone number is (408) 298-5437. The San Jose Children’s Museum has a rating of 4 out of 5 stars on Yelp with the number of reviews being 454, and and 4.5 star rating on Facebook with 1,188 votes. The goal is to h ave exhibits at the museum to help children be creative and curious. Steve Wozniak was the primary donor to the museum. It opened in 1990 and has the Art Gallery and Art Loft, Kid’s Garden, and also Mammoth Discovery. It also contains a voyage to Vietnam and many more options.
- San Jose also boats this wonderful treasure: the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum. Located at 1660 Park Ave, San Jose, CA 95191 and with a phone number of (408) 947-3635 this place is definitely a place you do not want to miss out on. Founded by Dr. Harvey Lewis he first showed his collection in 1929 and then continued to receive more artifacts and the build was built in 1966. It has the largest collection of Ancient Egyptian artifacts in the Western United States.
We hope you have enjoyed our brief summary of things to do in San Jose, California. Remember, with a population of over 1 million people and San Jose being called Silicon Valley, you will want to prepare ahead of time and book your trip well in advance.