Interesting facts about Chula Vista
Chula Vista is the second most populous city in San Diego county. Also, recently, the population has increased in rapid numbers. On the other hand, it is one of the few cities in the US that houses year round Olympic training centers. It is also a tourist destination for many tourist attractions.
Now, below are some interesting facts and things to do in Chula Vista! If you are in need of money and are going to be in Chula Vista contact TNL car title loans in Chula Vista for more info.
Fun Facts About Chula Vista:
- First of all, Chula Vista translates to “beautiful view” because of its location between the coastline and mountains.
- Also, according to Forbes magazine, Chula Vista won as being the second fastest growing city in the nation.
- There are over 52 acres in the city of coastal landscapes and natural areas.
- Also, it has won awards for being one of the safest cities in the US and progressive in renewable energy
- It is also working towards increasing tourism and attracting people to the city; the Bayfront project is making a residential and resort destination expanding 535 acres.
- Fossils and ancient artifacts as old as 3 million years have been found in the city of Chula Vista.
- Chula Vista used to have lemons as their primary crop source until it was flooded by a dam in the early 1900s.
- Chula Vista was officially established as a city in 1911 but didn’t boom as a thriving community until after WWII.
- And, some of the best gold courses in the nation are located in Chula Vista.
- The Onstage Playhouse
- A nonprofit community theater for all ages.
- Information: 291 3rd Ave, Chula Vista, CA; phone; (619) 422-7787
- The San Diego Junior Theater
- The nation’s oldest children’s theater program that still runs strong!
- Information: 1650 El Prado #208, San Diego, CA, 92101; phone: (619) 239-1311
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- An environmental exhibition with wildlife including mammals, marine mammals and bird exhibits
- Information: 1000 Gunpowder Point, Chula Vista, CA, 91910; phone: (619) 409-5900
- Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center
- This training center extends 155 acres for Olympic and Paralympic athletes to train in and provides tours.
- Information: 2800 Olympic Pkwy, Chula Vista, CA, 91915; phone: (619) 656-1500
- Cricket Wireless Amphitheater
- Owned by Live Nation, this theater is one of the largest concert venues in San Diego.
- Information: 2050 Entertainment Circle, Chula Vista, CA, 91911; phone: (619) 671-3500