Interesting facts about Fontana California
Fontana is a city in San Bernardino, with a population of over 200,000 people. However, Fontana wasn’t developed until post- World War II after Henry J Kaiser built a steel mill. But while you’re here, there are sites to visit and fun facts, so read below! If you are in need of cash and are in Fontana, California click here for more information.
Interesting Facts About Fontana:
- First of all, the NASCAR Auto Speedway is located in Fontana, which attracts thousands of fans and racing teams every year.
- Also, the Hell’s Angels Motorcycle Club was originally founded in Fontana. The name was founded by a man who served in the “Flying Tigers’ Hells Angels” squadron in China during World War II.
- On the other hand, Fontana is a huge distribution center for many major companies, making its highways some of the most congested with trucks. So be careful when driving!
- Fontana has a half marathon run and a 5K run annually, known for runners scoring personal records because of a downward slope throughout the entire course.
- Another thing is that Al Capone owned a house in Fontana, in which a “C” can still be seen on the chimney of the house.
- Rabbits were part of a large research projects that extended almost 40 years by the USDA for their value in animal husbandry, consumable meat and fur.
- Growth between 2000 and 2012 increasef 52% in population because of a campaign to annex several surrounding areas and build up the city.
- Also, the Center Stage Theater is the only place in Fontana to access classic cabaret shows and Broadway musicals here, but they also serve dinner while you watch
- Henry Kaiser built a steel mill after WWII and a healthcare network for his friends and family, now known as Kaiser Permanente
- Although the steel plant business was shut down years later, it was a filming spot for Terminator 2 in the steel mill scene.
Things to do in Fontana:
- Artist Showcase at City Hall
- Permanent and traveling exhibitions come through here showing art pieces from all ages.
- Information: 8353 Sierra Ave, Fontana, CA 92335
- Smoke Stack Trail
- A trail for biking and hiking in the surrounding area of Fontana.
- Information: 11681 Citrus Ave, Fontana, CA, 92337
- Center Stage Theater
- Fontana’s entertainment source for classic and foreign films, local events and concerts for the local Fontana community.
- Information: 8463 Sierra Ave, Fontana, CA; (909) 429-4769
- Mount Jurupa
- A peak in Fontana perfect for the outdoorsy athletes with a 1200 foot ascension in a 3 mile loop.
- Information: Jurupa Regional Park, Fontana, CA
- Auto Club Speedway
- A formal super speedway in Fontana bringing racing fans to this track from across the country.
- Information: 9300 Cherry Ave, Fontana, CA, 92335