Learn more about Fresno California
Fresno is a city in central California, north of Los Angeles and south of Sacramento. Fresno is the fifth largest city in California with over 500,000 people. Fresno was founded in the 1870s to be a railroad station for the Central Pacific Railroad. If you’re in the Central Valley area, here are some historical and fun facts about Fresno along with some things to see while you’re staying here. If you are in need of quick cash in Fresno, California do not hesitate to call The Net Lender.
Fun Facts About Fresno:
- Raisins were actually an accident but started in Fresno when some grapes were mistakenly left on a vine to dry.
- Fresno in Spanish means “ash tree” which grows abundantly in Fresno.
- One of the most popular blues festivals is held in Fresno with thousands of people visiting from around the world.
- Fresno sits between the mountain range and the ocean which makes this city very popular for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Considered to be one of the most diverse cities in the nation, Fresno has residents from 100 different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Fresno’s diverse community also holds many different cultural events and activities and has an active nightlife scene.
- There is a variety of markets in which Fresno thrives upon, including agriculture, food, technology, plastic, and glass.
- The most popular antique car show is held here every year at University of California Fresno
Things To Do in Fresno:
- Fresno Chaffee Zoo
There are almost 200 species of animals here in 39 acres. They have giraffe feedings and even a touch pool with stingrays.
Information: 894 W Belmont Ave, Fresno, CA, 93728; phone: (559) 498-5910
- China Peak
A mountain getaway nearby during summer and winter months with live music.
Information: 59265 CA 168, Lakeshore, CA, 93634; phone: (559) 233-2500
- Woodward Park
A public park located in Fresno next to the San Joaquin River, one of the three major public parks in the area
Information: 7775 N Friend Road, Fresno, CA, 93720; phone : (559) 661-2900
- Island Water Park
A park opens during the summer that offers fun water rides and slides for family amusement.
Information: 6609 W Barstow Ave, Fresno, CA, 93722; phone: (559) 277-6800
- Forestiere Underground Gardens
Right off the Highway 99, an intricate passageway was handmade with underground rooms replicated of the catacombs. Fruit trees are also growing vibrantly here.