Learn more about Irvine California
Irvine is a well-to-do city in southern California of over 250,000 people. Many technological and business oriented companies have their headquarters in Irvine, such as Google. Irvine is also home to University of California, Irvine and Concordia University, as well as other campuses. Here are some fun facts and points of interest about this growing city.
Fun Facts About Irvine:
- Jon Lovitz graduated with a degree in Acting from UCI
- The author of the best-selling novel “The Lovely Bones,” named Alice Sebold graduated from UCI
- The Great Balloon in the OC Great Park has a view of up to 40 miles on the clearest of days
- Zach de la Rocha, the lead singer
- Irvine is home to the famous Mexican fast food chain, Taco Bell
- No Doubt’s lead guiartist was born and raised in Irvine, CA
- Irvine is also home to Blizzard Entertainment, a video gaming production company
- Will Ferrell is an Irvine Native and graduated from University High School
- One of the scenes from “Ocean’s Eleven” was filmed at the Gillespie Neuroscience Research Facility on the UCI campus.
- Seven-time Olympic medalist Amanda Beard is also an Irvine Native as well as other medalist swimmers and athletes who have at least lived in Irvine for a time
- Irvine is a relatively new city, just indoctrinated in 1971.
- Irvine has won several awards as one of the safest and best cities to live in in California and even the United States.
- If you are visiting Irvine and need money quickly call TNL Car Title Loans in Irvine, California.
Things to do in Irvine:
- The San Joaquin Marsh and Wildlife Sanctuary
- A wetland area with miles of walking trails and hundreds of bird species.
- Information: 5 Riparian View, Irvine, CA, 92612; phone; (949) 453-5300
- Orange County Great Park
- This park has a famous helium balloon for riding upward of a few hundred feet. This park was once a Marine Corps air station.
- Information: 6950 Marine Way, Irvine, CA, 92618; phone: (949) 724-6247
- Orange County Zoo
- The Orange County Zoo is a small 8 acre zoo that houses native southwestern animals.
- Information: 1 Irvine Park Road, Orange, CA, 92689; phone: (714) 973-6847
- K1 Speed
- Indoor race track for electric go-carting and for all ages!
- 17221 von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA, 92614; phone: (949) 250-0242