Learn more about Pasadena California
If you’ve never been to Pasadena, California you’re missing out. Pasadena has many interesting things to do and you can entertain yourself for days on end.
Pasadena is a city in California located north-east of Los Angeles. The most famous thing most people have heard about is the Rose Bowl Parade which usually takes place on January 1st, every year. This precedes the Rose Bowl game. If you decide to visit Pasadena be sure to make sure to plan ahead and have cash available in Pasadena, California.
- Pasadena has a population of 139, 731 making it the 183rd largest city in the United States, the ninth largest in Los Angeles County. The city has the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena City College, Fuller Theological Seminary, the Norton Simon Museum, the USC Pacific Asia Museum, the Pasadena Playhouse, and the Art Center College of Design.
- Located in the San Gabriel Valley, Pasadena is set against the mountains. Some people like to hike Echo Mountain, and here are some other cool things to check out:
- Old Pasadena – Known as an Old town it has a classic downtown district like many cities, however, it is among Southern California’s most walkable cities. You can stroll along Colorado Boulevard and the historic Route 66.
- Visit the Pasadena City Hall – the Architecture is very cool and unique in this city. The city has a massive circular dome
- Eaton Canyon Falls – You can visit the nature park in this area and spend an afternoon all day. You’ll feel as if you have slipped into the wilderness when the greater Los Angeles area with millions of people is just a few miles away. Visit the waterfall, but be careful. Crowds sometimes leave litter behind and deface rocks of beauty. You can actually follow the sound of running water going thru this forest here in Eaton Canyon Falls
- Gamble House – This was built for one of the heirs of the Proctor and Gamble fortune. There are tours that focus on things like art glass, an event that is designed to be casual like Brown Bag Tuesday where visitors bring their own picnic lunch that precedes a 20-minute tour. 4 Westmoreland Pl, Pasadena, CA 91103
- The Pasadena Playhouse is a cool place to go to enjoy plays and musicals. The Pasadena Playhouse was originally built in the 1920’s but was revived in the 80’s. The main space has plays and musicals, and the courtyard hosts a lot of neighborhood events. Every Thursday night during the summer food trucks arrives and music. 39 S El Molino Ave, Pasadena, CA 91101 phone: (626) 356-7529
- The Pasadena Jet Propulsion Lab, located at 4800 Oak Grove Dr, Pasadena, CA 91109 with phone number: (818) 354-4321 is a federally funded R&D center
These are just a few of things you do can when you visit Pasadena. Make sure to plan ahead because on the weekends it can get quite busy with all of the events that take place with Old Town. And, if you have a chance, definitely check out the Rose Bowl Parade and the Rose Bowl Game. It is a once in a lifetime experience.