Interesting facts about Sacramento
The city of Sacramento is California’s capital city and is considered to be the fastest growing city in the state. For this reason, below you will find some interesting things about Sacramento.
Interesting things about Sacramento:
- First, Sacramento is actually California’s sixth capital city after the year 1854. However, the cities that held the capital title were Monterey, Vallejo and Benicia.
- Second, Sacramento’s most recent renovation project costed Sacramento about $68 million in the 1970s.
- Also, the original Pony Express in the 1800s started in Sacramento and extended all the way to Missouri.
- K Street in Sacramento has a bar in which two pianists have a musical competition on Thursdays.
- On the other hand, the Crocker Art Museum is the oldest museum showcasing artwork on the west side of the country.
- During its peak season, the Blue Diamond company in Sacramento harvests 12 million almonds every day.
- Supposedly the California State Library is haunted and has had several sightings of spooky experiences.
- Old Sacramento still has functioning buildings that were made as early as the 1800s.
- The longest river in California is the Sacramento River.
- Also, Tower Records has left its mark on Sacramento and has an intersection dedicated to it, including a Tower Theater, Tower Liquor, Tower Books and Tower Video.
- And finally, TNL Car Title loans in Sacramento helps people get cash quickly, so you should check it out.
Attractions and things to do in Sacramento:
- The California State Railroad Museum
- A museum about the “iron horse” train that played a role in joining together the opposite ends of the railroad in the 19th century.
- Contact : 125 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814; phone: (916) 323-9280
- California State Capitol
- A historical and political landmark with Greek influence in construction. It is also the office of the California governor and legislature.
- Contact: 1315 10th St, Sacramento, CA 95814; phone : (916) 324-0333
- Folsom Lake
- A regional park that covers over 11,000 square acres. Perfect for taking the family to a day camping, hiking, horseback riding and even fishing.
- contact: 7755 Folsom-Auburn Road, Folsom, CA, 95630; phone: (916) 988-0205
- William Land Regional Park
- Several attractions are here, including the Sacramento Zoo and the William Land Golf Course. Therefore, there’s sure to be something here for everyone!
- Contact: 3800 W Land Park Dr, Sacramento, CA 95822; phone: (916) 808-6060
- Sutter’s Fort
- A live show re-enacting the pioneer colony during the dawn of the gold rush. John Sutter and his fort were essential in the rescuing of the Donner party. This will be a historical field trip to remember!
- Contact: 2701 L St, Sacramento, CA 95816; phone: (916) 445-4422