Learn more about Long Beach California
Long Beach is a port city south of Los Angeles and north of Orange County. Long Beach is home to the Queen Mary which is a retired ocean liner converted into a museum. The port is the second largest in the United States and among the biggest in the world. While you’re here, explore and see the nautical city that is Long Beach by visiting their famous attractions or visiting one of their diverse neighborhoods for great food and eclectic bars.
Below is listed some interesting facts about Long Beach and top list of things to do:
Fun Facts About Long Beach:
- 17 percent of Long Beach residents are between the ages of 25 and 34, making it a great place for young people to live.
- There are over 5 million tourists visiting Long Beach every year.
- Long Beach continually wins awards for their local and recreational parks
- Long Beach boasts of great weather, with an average of about 345 days of sunshine every year.
- Brad Nowell, the lead singer for Sublime, was a Long Beach local and wrote several songs about the city
- Ferris Bueller’s house is actually located in Long Beach
- Every year the Bulldog Beauty Contest is held in Long Beach, where dog owners dress their furry friends like people.
- Before the government built the breakwater in the 1940’s, Long Beach’s claim to fame was being California’s Waikiki, but since then there hasn’t been nearly good waves.
- The beach of Long Beach is quite literally, long. In fact, it stretches 10 miles across.
- E-cigs are banned from Long Beach, even smoking on the street and in vape shops is prohibited.
- If you are visiting Long Beach California and need money don’t hesitate to call TNL Car title loans. Click here to learn more.
Things to do in Long Beach:
- Museum of Latin American Arts
- A contemporary art exhibit with live arts events every Friday night, complete with a sculpture garden and informative classes.
- Information: 628 Alamitos Ave, Long Beach, CA, 90803; phone: (562) 437-1689
- Toyota Grand Prix
- Once a year, you’ll have to make some detours as the roads are blocked for some of the fastest cars on the West Coast. With food trucks and other vendors, it’s a zip-roaring good time
- Information: 3000 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA, 90806; phone : (562) 981-2600
- Queen Mary
- No longer in commission, the Queen Mary hosts several events, including a haunted maze during Halloween. It is now a museum and restaurant year round, with a wonderful ocean view.
- Information: 1126 Queens Highway, Long Beach, CA, 90802; phone : (877) 342-0738
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- There are over 5,000 aquatic species that live here with interactive exhibits like a sting ray and shark touch tank and aviary where guests can feed tropical birds with sweet nectar.
- Information: 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA, 90802 ; phone: (562) 590-3100
- El Dorado East Regional Park
- An expansive regional park with a nature center, several walking and biking trails and even an archery range.
- Information: 7550 E Spring Street, Long Beach, CA, 90815; phone: (562) 570-1771