Interesting facts about Fremont California
Table of Contents
Fremont is the fourth largest city in the Bay area in northern California. Fremont is relatively new, established in 1956. Below are some fun facts and places to explore if you’re visiting the local area. And in case you need a car loan, click here for TNL Car Title Loans Fresno, California.
Interesting Facts About Fremont:
- First of all, Fremont folklore tells of a story of a woman in a white dress who was killed in a car accident. On the anniversary of her death, she comes back walks on the road to hitchhike for a ride.
- Less than ten percent of Fremont’s population smokes cigarettes.
- Fremont is abundant with Indian cuisine, with over 25 different restaurants and shops.
- The Saddle Rack is a three-bar warehouse that is infamous for having a dentist chair in which bartenders pour vodka shots to whomever is sitting in it.
- Climbing Mission Peak is a rigorous hike to the top, but is worth the view of the entire Silicon Valley.
- Vasy’s is Fremont’s local spot for donuts that are freshly baked and monstrous. Move over Krispy Kreme!
- Before Hollywood became the TV/movie capital of the world, Fremont was the happening place for silent films.
- Also, this city is the fourth largest city in the Bay area.
- Fremont has a large Afghan area.
- Every year for Christmas time colorful Christmas lights are all over the Niles Canyon Railway.
Attractions in Fremont:
- Coyote Hills Regional Park
- A large area preserve with miles of hiking trails and rolling hills.
- Information: 80000 Patterson Ranch Road, Fremont, CA, 94555; phone: (510) 544-3220
- Ardenwood Historic Farm
- A real working farm and historic museum. Its products are for sale and there are petting farms for kids.
- Information: 34600 Ardenwood Blvd, Fremont, CA, 94555; phone: (510) 544-2797
- Niles Canyon Railway
- A working railway where riders can reserve a caboose, have a wine or beer tasting on the train and bring picnic lunches.
- Information: 6 Kilkare Road, Sunol, CA, 94586; phone: (510) 996-8420
- Old Mission San Jose
- A historic mission that’s rumored to be haunted as many casualties have occurred in its 200 years of existence.
- Information: 43300 Mission Blvd, Fremont, CA, 94539
- Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum
- From planning to the big screen, this museum shows the entire process of silent filmmaking in the historic district of Fremont.
- Information: 37417 Niles Boulevard, Fremont, CA, 94536; phone: (510) 494-1411
- Aqua Adventure Waterpark
- Located in Central Park in Fremont, this is a waterpark for kids and adults with plenty of water rides to choose from.
- Information: 40500 Paseo Padre Parkway, Fremont, CA, 94538; phone: (510) 494-4426